Lori Williams, Finance Officer for the Medford Senior Center and Bev Power, Recreation Supervisor for the Medford Senior Center joined our club on 11/21 to discuss the Medford Senior Center.
The Medford Senior Center has been a self-supporting agency since its inception in the 50’s. Unlike other senior centers in the Rogue Valley, the building is owned and operated by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is working to redefine what is a “senior”, what they need, what can they can provide.
They are currently able to provide the following activities:
- Senior Striders
- Spanish Classes
- Jog Your Memory
- Living Well Classes
- Legal Clinic
- Skip Bo
- Tai Chi Classes
- Pinochle Refreshers
- Tax preparation assistance
- Writers Clinic
- Chat Circles
- Line Dances
- Pie Socials, Ice Cream Socials, & Birthday Parties
- Foot Clinics
- Hearing Checks
- Holiday Lunches
- Blood Pressure Checks
- 2nd Chance Boutique/Thrift Store
They wanted to make sure everyone knows that:
- The city did not “take over” the Medford Senior Center
- The BOD continue to raise money via fundraisers, grants, memberships, and program fees to pay for ongoing costs.