Dear Fellow Medford Club Members,
Rotary offers lots of ways to assist those who are not as blessed. Please consider helping with our projects especially with the list of items below.
Thanks to the donations you have made to THE ROTARY FOUNDATION our club has qualified for funds to help three projects this year. These are:
- Our POWERPACK program to give food for the weekends to deserving children at Washington Elementary.
- Water filters for rural families on the Baja Peninsula Mexico. And
- Medicines for villagers in one of the poorest countries in the world, Malawi, in Southern Africa.
In addition, we ENCOURAGE YOU TO BECOME INVOLVED with these projects by:
- Signing up to fill the backpacks on Fridays. Here’s the link: https://signup.com/go/zatjOkC
- Consider participating in the various fun fundraising activities we are doing to raise the match money for these grants. Like bidding on Shakespeare tickets, etc.
- Consider vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and help deliver the filters and train the families in the importance of clean water and sanitation and
- Gathering some of the items below. We will have a collection box at our meetings or contact Chuck Root for pickup at: email@example.com or 541-840-7777.
Our member Ray Kistler and his wife Lucinda Kolo MD will be going to Africa in December and can use:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Baby clothes, all sizes (gently used is OKAY!!!)
- Reading glasses, all strengths
- Zip Lock Bags, quart and gallon sizes
- Hard candy (like suckers, or jolly ranchers) to give to the children.
- Soccer balls (deflated with handheld pumps (we try to leave one per village)
- Dental floss
- Small (hotel sized) soaps
- Small Cream lotion, etc.
- Tylenol paracetamol, etc.
- Cortisone cream, Benadryl
- antibiotic ointment
- anti-diarrhea pills, Pepto Bismol, etc.
- rehydration crystals
- alcohol swabs